Kim Haas, a former art instructor at Roanoke-Benson High School, will be offering art classes at the Metamora Branch of Illinois Prairie District Public Library.
The classes are open to anyone aged 10 to adult and are scheduled on select Monday nights from 3:30 p.m. until 5 p.m. beginning Sept. 17 until Nov. 26.
There will be a $5 instruction fee with materials provided. Feel free to bring any materials of your own that you think would be beneficial to you, such as pencils, erasers, brushes, etc.
Sign up is at the Metamora Branch (367-4594) at any time prior to noon of the Friday before a class is scheduled.
The following schedule lists the dates and type of classes offered:
• Sept. 17 — Drawing and Watercolors. Learn to draw an object realistically, and color and shade it with watercolors. The goal is to create an object that is realistic in appearance. The final step is to cut out the objects, arrange them in a still life, and add cast shadows.
• Oct. 1 — Still Life Drawing. Learn to create a still life drawing from an actual still life. The drawing will be done in pencil, and using contour techniques, which use line only.
• Oct. 15 — Still Life Drawing (continued). Add color, highlights and shadows to your still life drawings using pastels to give the still life a finished appearance.
• Oct. 29 — Portrait Drawing. Learn to draw the human face with correct proportion, facial expression, and realism.
• Nov. 5 — Portrait Drawing (Continued). Portraits can be completed in pencil, charcoal or pastels.
• Nov. 26 — Torn Paper Mosaic. Learn to turn a sketch into a torn paper mosaic. The finished project will have highlights, shadows, and texture.
— Submitted by Sandy Madsen