Perhaps Peoria's most prominent concert promoter is teaming with a music-and-entertainment venue in North Peoria.
Jay Goldberg Events & Entertainment has formed a partnership with Monarch Music Hall, according to a news release issued earlier this week. Their first co-production was held Wednesday night, an appearance by comedian Hannibal Buress.
Goldberg had worked with the previous owners of Monarch, located at 8102 N. University St. Then known as Limelight Eventplex, the 20,000-square-foot facility opened in 2014.
The owners of the Castle Theater in Bloomington purchased the Limelight in late 2017 and rebranded it.
Under the Jay Goldberg promotion banner, the Monarch is to play host to 14 concerts in the next few months. Tickets are available at the Monarch box office and website.
The events, in order of performance:
• Lucero with Brent Cowles, Sept. 30
• Dark Star Orchestra, Oct. 1
• Drive-By Truckers with T. Hardy Morris, Oct. 2
• Blue October with Kitten, Oct. 7
• 10 Years and Tremonti with Skyharbor, Oct. 11
• The Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Oct. 14
• Candlebox, Oct. 18
• Jonathan Davis with The Birthday Massacre and Julien-K, Oct. 22
• The Cadillac Three with Bones Owens, Oct. 27
• GWAR and Hatebreed with Miss May I and Ringworm, Oct. 28
• Hoobastank with Secondhand Serenade, Nov. 2
• Here Come the Mummies, Nov. 3
• Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul, Nov. 10
• Turnpike Troubadours, Nov. 14
Jay Goldberg is responsible for the Summer Camp Music Festival, held each Memorial Day weekend in Chillicothe. The longstanding concert promoter also is involved with the Peoria Blues and Heritage Festival and Grand Nationals Weekend, among other local events.