1. The Peoria Chiefs will host the Fort Wayne Wizards at 6:30 p.m. Saturday at Dozer Park. It's Jimmy Buffett Night, where the first 1,000 fans ages 13 and older will receive a Peoria Chiefs Jimmy Buffet shirt and the Chiefs will wear Jimmy Buffett themed jerseys to be auctioned off during the game. It's also Signature Saturday, with select Chiefs players available to sign autographs before the game on the concourse.
2. Summer Jam '18, featuring Fozzy with Soil and Another Lost Year, begins at 8 p.m. Saturday at CEFCU Center Stage on the Peoria riverfront. Gates open at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $22 in advance or $25 at the gate. Tickets available at www.ticketfly.com.
3. The Midwest Regional Hosta Society convention will be held at the Par-A-Dice Hotel in East Peoria, featuring a vendor sale open to the public from 1 to 5 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. There also will be a hosta leaf show and design open to the public from 3 to 5 p.m. Friday and from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday.
4. Unite Fest 2018 will be Saturday at the Glen Oak Park Amphitheater. Gates open at 11:30 a.m. and first act starts at noon. Entertainment includes hip-hop artist Derek Minor, contemporary artist Micah Tyler, Glenn Kaiser, Josiah Williams, The Awakening and others. Activities include music, knockerball, ministry booths, face painting, balloon art, etc. The free events is a food drive for the Midwest Food Bank.
5. Art and Wine Festival will be noon-6 p.m Sunday at the Mackinaw Valley Vineyard, Mackinaw. Features local artists, cruise-in, wine tasting and live entertainment. Rain or shine. Free admission.