Eureka man faces charges after allegedly going after jogger twice
A Eureka man faces a felony charge after police said he used his vehicle to attempt to hit the same jogger on two separate occasions.
A Woodford County grand jury indicted Todd A. Felmey, 47, of 222 Carolyn Lane, Apt. 29, on a charge of aggravated assault.
According to the police report, a woman was jogging Jan. 24 alongside a road north of Metamora when a man in a maroon automobile saw her, turned around and drove at her. She ran and hid, but once she returned to the road, he drove at her again and she dived into a ditch, police said.
The same set of circumstances happened Aug. 6 in roughly the same area, the report stated. One month earlier, a man in a similar car drove past the woman as she was walking alongside a rural Metamora road. As he drove past, the driver yelled an obscenity at her, according to police.
During the January incident, the woman noted the car's license plate number and reported it to police. They traced the plate to Felmey and visited him at his home.
Felmey told police he didn't remember the July confrontation, but he did recall the others. He said he didn't realize the same woman was involved.
Regarding the January incident, Felmey said he was having a bad day and went for a drive in the country. He believed the woman gave him a dirty look as he drove past, and he returned because he wanted to scare her.
Felmey was arrested Jan. 26. He faces maximum sentences of three years in prison and a $25,000 fine.
Also indicted last week in Woodford County were:
- Karen J. Alonzo, 31, 57 W. Fourth St., El Paso; possession of stolen vehicle.
- Johnathan Lowery, 30, 1113 Oakland Ave., Bloomington; unauthorized possession of marijuana plants.
- Darren L. Bugg, 43, 1505 Fenley Ave., Pekin; aggravated driving under the influence.
- Terry L. Norris Jr., 29, 2551 S. Daniel Drive, Galesburg; presence within a school zone by a child sex offender and failure to register as a sex offender.
- Cassandra Jolly, 29, 626 N. Walnut St., Minonk; deceptive practice.
- Zane W. Duffy, 20, 1502 Dustin Drive, Normal; possession of a controlled substance.