Historic Metamora clock back with Alverna DeBolt
Metamora Village Mayor William Belshaw recently presented Alverna DeBolt with the “Rohman Service Station” clock that has hung in Metamora Village Hall since the 1920’s or 30’s.
It is believed the lighted clock has run continuously all these years without any repair.
The clock was originally donated by DeBolt’s father, Arthur V Rohman, who for 25 years owned and operated Rohman’s Chevrolet Garage and Service Station in the 100 block of North Niles.
Rohman donated the clock while he served as treasurer for the village.
Like her father, DeBolt has been active in working for the village by serving 20 years as a trustee under mayors Robert Harbers, Dale Whittington, Jim Garber, Gene Hart and Matt O’Shea. DeBolt is the only surviving child of Arthur and Margaret Rohman. Three sisters and a brother are deceased.