Need a COVID-19 test? Here’s where to go in the Peoria area
As the COVID-19 positivity rate continues to rise in Illinois, health officials are urging people to get tested.
In the Peoria area, free testing is available seven days a week at two different government-sponsored locations as well as CVS drug stores. Various temporary pop-up sites sponsored by the state of Illinois provide another option. At most sites appointments aren’t necessary and anyone can get tested for any reason — you don’t need to be having symptoms.
For more information about COVID-19 symptoms and how results are delivered, visit https://www.pcchd.org/299/Testing.
COVID-19 testing locations
Heartland Health Services, 2321 N Wisconsin Ave., Peoria
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday
- Drive-up or walk-up options available.
- Testing ages 2 and older
- Open to individuals with or without COVID-19 symptoms
- Must be able to sit upright without assistance to be tested with pharyngeal swab (long swab, administered through the nose)
- For more information: visit https://hhsil.com/covid-19 or call 309-495-8659
Peoria Civic Center/Fulton Street- Located at the Peoria Civic Center’s Fulton Street Parking Lot (IDPH Site)
- Open 7 days per week, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. while daily testing supplies last
- Drive-up and walk-up testing available
- Anyone can get tested
- This location uses a less-invasive nasal swab for testing
- For more information: call 1-800-889-3931 or visit http://dph.illinois.gov/testing
- Testing is available seven days a week. Hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sundays
- For more information visit https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing?icid=cvs-home-hero1-link1-coronavirus-testing
State of Illinois temporary pop-up testing sites
- The next site will be Oct. 28-30 at Shore Acres Park in Chillicothe, 100 Park Blvd. Testing hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. all three days.
- The location of future temporary sites will be announced on the Peoria City/County Health Department web page, https://www.pcchd.org/299/Testing