East Peoria man indicted for attempted arson
A Woodford County man was indicted last week on a felony charge of attempted residential arson after he allegedly poured gasoline on a Spring Bay home.
Mace J. Cleghorn, 46, 1202 Springbay Road, East Peoria, was arrested after police responded to a domestic disturbance Sept. 22 in the 1000 block of Oswego Street, where a fight had broken out according to witness accounts cited in court documents.
One witness told police an argument escalated to physical violence. The man told police Cleghorn left the home, went to his truck and retrieved a gas can, which he emptied on the corner of the house.
Cleghorn also had a lighter, which the witness said was taken away from Cleghorn before authorities arrived.
Cleghorn faces up to seven years of prison if convicted.
Also indicted in Woodford County last week were:
• Gregory A. Buffett, 43, 100 E. Lincoln St., No. 14, El Paso; domestic battery.
• James M. Mitchell, 32, LaSalle; obstructing justice.
• Barrett D. Ludwig, 24, 108 W. Mill St., Eureka; failure to register as a sex offender.
• Steven L. Walden, 47, 1907 Southlake Lane, Carlock; violation of the Sex Offender Registration Act.
• William W. Cornell, 52, Indianapolis; methamphetamine possession.
• Eric A. Clany, 44, 214 Hamilton St., Pekin; two counts possession of a controlled substance and possession of marijuana.
• April L. Cooper, 42, 214 Hamilton St., Pekin; two counts possession of a controlled substance.
• Henry L. West, 31, Chicago; forgery.
• Allison V. Dragojevich, 21, 4714 N. Knoxville Ave., Apr. 321, Peoria; aggravated driving while license suspended.
• Michael E. Edgecomb, 40, 430 E. Main St., El Paso; violation of the Sex Offender Registration Act.
• Tracie A. Blair, 49, 731 E. Kansas St., Peoria; possession of a controlled substance.
• Tyree D. Perteete, 36, Rockford; possession of a controlled substance.
• Ramon Torres, 40, Bloomington; two counts aggravated driving under the influence and aggravated driving while license revoked.
• Alicia Armstrong, 30, 106 S. Myers, Eureka; possession of a stolen motor vehicle.
• Stacy L. Skelton, 43, 8919 N. University St., Suite 2, Peoria; possession of a controlled substance.